Monday, March 26, 2012

Meet Lorelei Reed Bowers!!

We welcomed our sweet girl on Friday, March 16 at 11:51pm. She weighed8 pounds, 7 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.







Even though we had a suspicion that my water had broken Friday morning, I didn't have any contractions, so Todd and I went to work as usual. I ended up calling my doctor around 10:30 who said to head in to the hospital. I was admitted at 1:30 and enjoyed a relatively pain-free labor for several hours. After that, not so much, but here's a shot where I'm still smiling!


And here's our first family photo:




A couple hours after she was born, we moved to our recovery room and Todd attended her first bath. She hated it. Todd and Lorelei crashed afterward, but I was too excited to sleep and stayed up to hold and and stare at her for a few hours. Safe to say it was the most exhausting and exhilarating day of our lives!



No comments:

Post a Comment